oil for DRZ400
Martha White
2022-04-06 22:03:24 UTC
I got out of street bikes and back to enduro bikes. I have some Castrol semi synthetic 10W40 that is 4 T and wonder if that would work well in the bike?
Volker Bartheld
2022-04-07 14:31:28 UTC
Post by Martha White
I got out of street bikes and back to enduro bikes. I have some Castrol
semi synthetic 10W40 that is 4 T and wonder if that would work well in
the bike?
The viscosity would. A problem might be additives (wet clutch), but as long
as the Castrol is meant for bikes, there is no reason to worry. And it's a
japanese bike after all, not a KTM LC4 Supercompetition where they were
not able to provide an oil recommendation other than the $$$ Motul/Shell
Advance Ultra where the clutch would not slip, even with 3 harder springs
(out of 6).

Volker
Michael Sturdevant
2022-04-07 15:40:01 UTC
Post by Martha White
I got out of street bikes and back to enduro bikes. I have some Castrol semi synthetic 10W40 that is 4 T and wonder if that would work well in the bike?
I agree with Volker, if it's a motorcycle specific oil, use it. If it is general purpose automotive, I would hesitate.

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.